Your new company
Our client is an American technology company founded in 2002 who helps the world to capture and share itself in immersive and exciting ways. The company has grown into a relentlessly innovative brand loved around the world for its insanely versatile and enabling products.
Headquartered in California, USA, it has a business presence across the US, Australia, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, the Netherlands, the UK, France, China, and Romania.
Your new role
The Data Science Engineering team
The team is responsible for their in-house data platform infrastructure, data engineering, and automated data analytics reporting. They are responsible for enabling and empowering their partners in product, engineering, product analytics, and marketing teams by providing infrastructure, tools, services, and visualization to access data and business reports. They are also responsible for preparing data and metrics to support data scientists and business operations.
You will join a team of 2 experienced Big Data Engineers in Romania and work collaboratively with the second part of the Data Science team based in California. (6 engineers)You will work on vast amounts of data from the company’s ecosystem. This includes their devices, applications, cloud services, and web applications. Your work will enable different business units and the analytics team in making data-driven decisions by providing validated fit-for-purpose quality datasets that are a single source of truth across the organization.
What you will do:
What you'll need to succeed
- Design and develop highly reliable data products using big data ecosystem and software engineering best practices.
- Understand business requirements, assess the level of effort, and break down the development solution to the granular task level.
- Work with business and engineering/solution teams to understand the upstream data sources / raw datasets and develop data models to build quality datasets.
- Design, develop, test, deploy and support data pipelines to serve marketing, product engineering, e-commerce, and analytics use cases.
- Lead design, implementation, and operations of data platforms and tools for ingesting, storing, processing, and querying data at scale.
- Create and maintain documentation and technical specification.
- Create metrics and graphs to visualize and validate datasets.
What you'll get in return
- You come with 7 + years of software development experience with proficiency in Scala, Java or Python. (You will be working mainly in Scala)
- You are passionate about the architecture of the Big Data Technology stack consisting of layers: Data Modeling, Data Lakehouse, Data Pipeline, and Data Analytics.
- Have 4+ years’ experience in designing and building scalable/reliable data pipelines using the Big Data ecosystem (Hive/Spark/Databricks/Presto/Kafka/Airflow or equivalents).
- Experienced in creating, modifying, and querying database entities (tables, views) using optimized SQL for performance and knowledge in data warehouse data models.
- Experienced in the design/implementation of scalable and reliable services using AWS or other cloud services.
- Knowledge in Machine Learning Model Operationalization (MLOps) is a plus.
- You have the capability to synthesize business requirements and construct the technical requirements.
- You are a strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail and can tackle loosely defined problems.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and are passionate about collaborating with both technical and non-technical peers.
- Advanced English language skills, both spoken and written.
- Availability for flexible working hours: once/week between 12:00 - 20:00 Romania time (to match essential team meeting with California time zone)
What you need to do now
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual performance-related bonus;
- Annual holidays - 25 working days
- Gym fee compensation / Live Healthy Wellness Program;
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan;
- Excellent healthcare insurance coverage;
- Life insurance and disability benefits;
- Professional & personal development opportunities
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (volunteering events)
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1173862