Your new company
Our client is an American technology company founded in 2002 who helps the world to capture and share itself in immersive and exciting ways. The company has grown into a relentlessly innovative brand loved around the world for its insanely versatile and enabling products.
Headquartered in California, USA, it has a business presence across the US, Australia, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, the Netherlands, the UK, France, China, and Romania.
Your new role
The project you will be working on is the company’s Cloud Subscriptions ecosystem, which generates USD 100 million in revenue every year from their approx. 2 million subscribers. Therefore, you will contribute to further develop a product that is extremely valuable to the company.
In addition, you will be working with cutting edge technologies while developing a highly complex system. You will be encouraged to come up with creative solutions and bring innovation to the company.
The role reports to the Engineering Manager based in the USA, and is part of a 5 people team in Romania (2 developers + 3 QAs) who works collaboratively with the rest of the team based in USA. (17 Developers +QAs)
The team is responsible for ensuring that the transactions are flowing through the system, in addition to building new features on top of it.
What you'll need to succeed
- Build, maintain and improve Golang applications for the company’s cloud subscriptions ecosystem
- Maintain the associated CI/CD pipelines for the subscriptions ecosystem
- Prepare releases to Production
- Do code review for colleague’s work
- Architect and design solutions before development starts
- Document the implemented solution
- Provide estimations and estimate LOE
- Work together with QA, Program and Product to achieve sprint and projects delivery
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ experience building complex backend applications in Golang, OR any other object oriented language (Java, Python, Ruby, C#, etc, and openness to learn Golang):
- Building Backend Applications, architecting components of complex systems, code optimizations/performance, all in a security compliant manner
- Programming concepts: code structures, memory management, closures, concurrency
- Packages dependency management
- Implement REST APIs
- Implement distributed systems: Messaging, Queues, Workers
- Nice to have experience with databases: Modelling, CRUD operations, querying SQL and NoSQL databases
- Nice to have experience with Subscriptions management, Payments processing
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration such as Amazon ECS or similar
- Proficiency in using Git and software integration tools
- Continuous Delivery (CD) / Continuous Integration (CI) pipeline experience
- Advanced English language skills, both spoken and written.
Bonus Points For
- Development experience in an Agile environment
- Collaborative experience working with engineers and great communication skills
- Ability to analyze and review current functionality to determine potential areas of improvement
- Strong work ethic with good time management and the ability to work with diverse projects
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual performance-related bonus;
- Annual holidays - 25 working days
- Gym fee compensation / Live Healthy Wellness Program;
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan;
- Excellent healthcare insurance coverage;
- Life insurance and disability benefits;
- Professional & personal development opportunities
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (volunteering events)
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1172245