Your new company
For our partner, MYTILINEOS that is a leading global industrial and energy company with a strong presence in all five continents covering two business Sectors, the Energy Sector and the Metallurgy Sector. The company is strategically placed at the forefront of the energy transition as a leading and integrated green utility, with an international presence, while establishing itself as a reference point of “green” metallurgy in the European landscape.
Your new role
- Lead and manage delivery of design scope, ensuring sub-contractors packages meet contractual obligations, as well as meet the quality standards and Romanian Standards and specifications for Solar Farm and Electrical Installation builds.
- Support the project manager and design manager in the completion of scope, quality and project milestones ensuring sub-contractor obligations are met.
- Lead and become familiar with project design, project technical information, project schedules and help deviate and adjust schedules to support on-time project requirements.
- Monitor project design, ensuring project milestones and deadlines are met.
- Review all design subcontractor offers, plans, procedures and manage performance with project requirements.
- Conduct field inspections of the work in progress and share any deviations or deficiencies with construction manager and the QA/QC Team.
- Lead the design review process during all portions of the project.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant corporate policies, Romanian and international applicable Standards and project programs.
- Provide advice and supervision to sub-contractors and construction teams on engineering methods and procedures to achieve the construction and production requirements.
- Prepare project status reports and provide input into all engineering, design and construction documents.
- Support supply chain, engineering and on-site teams to ensure the project is delivered according to the correct standards and timeframes.
- Contribute to lessons learned and further development and improvement of construction methods on future projects.
What you'll need to succeed
What you need to do now
- Five years of experience in a discipline related to electrical engineering and/or renewable energy.
- Photovoltaic installation experience is preferred.
- More generally, extensive experience in design and design control is strongly preferred
- Bachelor degree in a discipline related to energy, construction, electricity, renewable energy or engineering is preferred
- Demonstrable experience in design and construction of electrical and renewable energy installations
- Previous experience on a solar farm project is not essential but will be highly regarded.
- Deep understanding of Romanian Standards and Regulations related to Electrical and Power Engineering, Solar Farm equipment installation
- Leadership of design subcontractors and employees that has resulted in a highly aligned, motivated, and engaged team.
- Previous accountability for budgeting and cost management.
- Successful track record in design supervision / management
- Knowledgeable of Electrical and Power engineering and constructability within renewable energy plants.
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, MS Project).
- Advanced proficiency in electrical design software (ideally Autocad, EPlan and similar).
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1175238