Your new company
Our Client is the world’s leading provider of technology-enabled (AI) language translation.
Headquartered in the UK and publicly listed on the London Stock Exchange, they employ over 7,500 talented people globally. Their customers include 90 of the globe’s top 100 brands, the top 10 pharmaceutical companies and 18 of the top 20 patent filers worldwide.
Their vision is to help companies interact effectively with people anywhere in the world by solving their language challenges through their collective global intelligence, deep expertise and smart technology.
Your new role
In 2020, they started building their new product, an extensive Data Hub meant to use the power of Big Data to deliver valuable business insights to their existing clients who have been using their translation platform.
A major functionality, their Self-Service Reporting tool, where clients can customise their reports based on business needs, has already been used by major clients in the past 9 months.
The Tech Stack
What you'll need to succeed
- Microservices, REST services, Java11, ORM technology, Hibernate, EclipseLink
- Apache Kafka (and Amazon S3) as events store of the data events we take from our systems (Our Translation Platform mostly)
- Apache Flink for data and stream processing
- The results of the DataHub datasets are stored in MySQL (currently migrating to Amazon Aurora DB – using PostgreSQL language)
- Junit, Mockito and Cucumber as testing frameworks
We’re looking for a Java Developer who would like to enter the world of Big Data through working with Stream Processing technologies in order to contribute to our Data Warehouse. You will be part of team of 7 experts: Architect, Principal Developer, Senior Developer, UI Developer, Product Owner, 2 QA.
If the words “Autonomy, Mastery and Purpose” resonate with your work ethic, if you enjoy having freedom over making technical decisions, honing your skills with each new line of code you write and love to own everything you work on, then you will enjoy working in our team!
- 4 + years of experience developing in Java (min. version 8)
- Experience with the Spring stack ( Spring Rest, Spring Data JPA)
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Very good OOP and Design Patterns knowledge
- Experience with a testing framework (Junit/Mockito/Cucumber)
- Good Relational Databases and data modeling knowledge (knowledge of Dimensional modeling is a plus)
- Experience with an ORM technology, Hibernate, Eclipse Link
- Experience with REST services
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins
- English at an advanced level
- Open to a mix of responsibilities that include: 60% Java Dev., 30% DevOps, 10% DB modeling
- Is a firm believer in freedom and responsibility; this continues to be a core principle in our team
- Wants to be part of a Kanban team that is highly self-organized and collaborative
- Passionate about Big Data and excited about learning and developing in this area
- Believes that, in modern software development, attitude and motivation plus ability to learn fast is more important than skills and expertise
Nice to have
What you'll get in return
- Experience with Apache Flink/Apache Spark/ Apache Kafka
- Knowledge of machine learning
- Knowledge of Data Lake technologies/architecture
- Experience with reporting tools
- Experience with Spinnaker
What you need to do now
- Full Remote work from anywhere you want in Romania, or hybrid work from Cluj if that’s what you prefer
- Flexible working hours to accommodate your work-life balance
- Annual performance based bonus up to 10% of your salary
- 23 days holiday/year, which go up to 26 days based on length of service
- Meal Vouchers (17 lei/worked day)
- 2 days/year – uncertified sick leave
- 1 day off on your birthday
- 1 extra day off on the Friday before the Orthodox Pentecost (Rusalii)
- 5 days/year for volunteering activities
- 7 card subscription
- 100 lei /month allowance for sports activities
- 450 lei/ year or 800 lei/2 years - Eye Glasses allowance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Bookster subscription
- Permanent Labor Contract for an undetermined period
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1170526