Working with a recruiter
Working with a recruiter
As a professional, you should only be looking for recruitment advice from an expert consultant who understands your profession and the sector you are interested in. By partnering with a specialist recruiter you will have an advocate who will promote your strengths and expertise to potential employers.
We know your industry
Hays’ recruiters will understand the special terminology of your industry, how your particular job works and where your skills are most suited for your next career move. We will also be able to advise you on your salary level against the market value.
We can improve your CV
Our expert consultants view hundreds, sometimes thousands of applications in a week, so they will instantly be able to identify if your CV will stand out from other candidates. They will be able to help you improve your structure so that you successfully match the role you are applying for.
Enhance your online branding
We understand the importance of social media in your job search and can advise you on your personal brand and online profile so that you can make a good impression on a prospective employer.
We act as your agent
One of the most valuable aspects of working with a recruiter is that they can represent you with the companies you are interested in working with.
It’s difficult to get across your professional appearance and personality in a CV. That’s where a recruitment consultant comes in:
- Our relationship with the hiring company will make a stronger case for you and get the feedback you might not be able to receive when applying independently.
- We have the skills and experience to be able to sell you above the other candidates and upon offer, negotiate the best package on your behalf.
- We prepare you for interviews
- We aim for a "win win" situation between candidate and company. Our consultants prepare candidates for interviews on a regular basis and we provide an impressive shortlist of candidates who meet the criteria the vacancy requires.
- We already know the hiring company and the hiring manager, so we’ll be able to brief you well.
- We’ll coach you on what to say and give you feedback on your interview technique.
- We provide you with advice on how to remedy any gaps in your industry knowledge.
- Also, you should want to meet the person who is representing you to your potential future employer!
We provide multiple opportunities
It is most likely that you will be meeting your recruitment consultant about a specific role. However, there are occasions when we have other jobs on our database that match your skillset. So we will make sure you aware of those jobs and allow you to decide if you should apply for them.
Above all, we are passionate about people and our enthusiasm compels us to match the right person to the right job. We want to be your recruiter, not just for your next job, but for your entire career. If you need any guidance on this (or any aspect of your job search) then get in touch with an expert consultant.